Nelson Echeverria | Blog

Constructive criticism is encouraged! Feel free to leave comments.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Faces

A face can be so powerful. That is why I am so attracted to faces. You can photograph the same person under the same conditions over and over again and one frame can look so different than the other. A facial expression can completely make a photograph successful. There are many components you have to pay attention to when photographing people. The most interesting to me is the face. It's something that you can't totally control and that makes it exciting. It's just so powerful. A face can give you something extraordinary and unexpected. That means I have to to put myself in a position where I allow the unexpected and maybe then I can get something extraordinary. I want to keep pushing myself. Push my photography to have layers of meaning. I want to get uncomfortable, because then I know I'm doing something new. I want to understand deeper why I take the photographs I do. So much stuff to think about: After everything, it comes down to having a human being in front of my lens and the obsession that I have with faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment