Nelson Echeverria | Blog

Constructive criticism is encouraged! Feel free to leave comments.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lets Not Forget About Body Language

Today I decided to just relax at the beach with one my good friends, Jessy. I am making it a habit to bring my camera everywhere because you never know when you might need it. I asked her before hand if I could take some pictures of her. She said "not today". Regardless I brought my camera. We were just relaxing at the beach on a windy day. Not your ideal beach day. We made the best of it. She was nice enough to bring some chocolate sandwiches. Yes! I said chocolate sandwiches, on wheat bread if you must know. Surprisingly good. Anyways, after getting more than enough sand in our faces we decided to leave. I still had hope of being able to shoot her. So I asked her again, and somehow annoyed her enough to say yes. So we were shooting in the parking lot. The sun was harsh and right above us. Not your ideal lighting situation, but I just wanted to focus on the person in front of my camera. We blast the music in my car, trust me, it doesn't go very high on my green Lamborghini. I wish. But anyways, it did the job. The shoot was not planned, it was just spontaneous. So she had no make-up, hair was not done, and so on. I knew that body language, color, and composition were going to be very important in creating a successful photograph. So we both went to work with what we had. Sometimes that is all it takes. You take what is given to you and you make the best out of it. Recognizing the importance of body language, I would try to direct her so that her body language would be interesting. She was able to give me what I was looking for. Even though most of the time I concentrate on faces, today I learned I cannot forget about the importance of body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment