Nelson Echeverria | Blog

Constructive criticism is encouraged! Feel free to leave comments.

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Starting Point











I just kept asking her to light another cigarette. She has this strong, confident, seductive presence in-front of the camera. Every time she lit a cigarette she became so calm in such a beautiful way. All we did is walk around the beach. Talk. Laugh. Relax. Shoot. Basically, we just bullshitted. Even though Jill is my friend from school and I have shot her before. It was like I was getting to know her all over again, even felt like I was shooting her for the first time. I feel that with this shoot I scratched the surface. I am excited to keep shooting her because I envision many great things to come. After having a taste, I just wanted more. What worked in this shoot was that it was just her and I. The moment. The situation. Just being there was enough. What is interesting is that I learned more in this shoot about her, then I did while I went to school with her. Sometimes that is what a whole shoot is: A starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment