Nelson Echeverria | Blog

Constructive criticism is encouraged! Feel free to leave comments.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

When I say "We're done", I'm lying.

So this week I went shooting at the beach again. The harsh sun was out so it made it less then ideal to be shooting. Tried looking around for locations where I can use the light to my advantage. After a while of shooting I said, "OK we're done". Even though I wasn't 100 percent happy with what I got but I did not want to exhaust my model, Kaity. It was a good decision since I was really just looking for another moment to pick up my camera again. So after we stopped shooting we were hanging out on the beach. Kaity, who is also my girlfriend, wanted to drive across the parking lot. Afterwards she was semi nude in the back seat. I didn't say anything to her. Just picked up my camera, and we both knew what we were doing. As soon as I started shooting I knew that I was getting what I wanted. Sometimes you have to wait for something to happen or for that moment to come. Most important thing is recognizing it. On shoots, I find myself numerous times saying "We're done". And that is where my subject drops their guard and allows me to capture something real. Now every time I say "We're done", it just means I am waiting for something to happen. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. This time I got lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment